***COVID-19: All campsites in Portugal closed in 2020 due to national restrictions to combat the pandemic.
Most sites will now have reopened but please check before visiting.***
Below is the most comprehensive list of Portuguese campsites available anywhere.
There are now 223 campsites listed on the Pedal Portugal site. Find the one you want by either:
- Clicking on the Google Map to search via the map
- Scrolling down to the lists below, where sites are divided into regions (see map) and then listed under the name of the nearest main town
Please note: Additions, comments and corrections to this list are always welcome – please use the Leave A Reply box at the bottom of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can’t find what you’re after on our lists, you could try the following sites:
- Camping.info – all in German but has lists of campsite with some self-explanatory details of what’s on offer. There is an English version but details of sites are minimal
- Camping Portugal – lists of campsites by district (click on map), details of what’s on offer, plus links to individual websites. Also has a list of naturist campsites
Camping in Portugal
Facilities: Portuguese campsites are normally spotlessly clean and hot showers are always free. (No annoying coin meters like in many British sites!)
Facilities can be a bit basic in some older site. One personal bugbear is that Portuguese sites very rarely provide hot water for washing dishes.
A lot of larger sites also offer bungalows and cabins to rent. These can be a good deal if you want to cook for yourself but need to get out of the elements – and are why many sites stay open year round.
Prices: Camping is generally cheap – for one person, a bike and a small tent you can often expect to pay below 10 Euros even in high season. However, prices can be a lot higher on the coast (sometimes double that of inland), particularly during July and August.
Where prices are given they’re high season charges (generally June – September) for two adults and a medium tent. Bicycles – and showers – are normally free. Low season prices can be considerably less.
Where possible, each listing includes a website link, physical address, telephone number, email, price (see above) and when the site is open.
The information provided was what was publicly available at the time the campsite was listed. (Note: All entries are in the process of being checked and updated – May 2020.)
The letters ‘NA’, indicate information that was not available online.
I would also advise checking opening times before planning any trip. Some sites are officially open all year but may be shut during quiet periods. Smaller municipal sites are generally only open June-September but may let you camp if contacted in advance. Other opening times may vary or change.
Sites listed as open all year will generally be closed for Christmas itself and possibly New Year.
The sites listed are divided into the same regions as on the Day Rides pages, which are – north to south:
- Northern Portugal – 53 sites
- The Beiras – 67 sites
- Lisbon & Central (includes Ribatejo & Estremadura) – 44 sites
- The Alentejo – 35 sites
- The Algarve – 24 sites
ABOIM DA NÓBREGA: Campismo Aboim – rural site deep in the Minho countryside. Address: Lugar das Lameiras, Aboim da Nóbrega, 4730- 010 Vila Verde. Tel: 253 348 094 Email: email@example.com Price: €10 Open: All year
AMARANTE: Amarante Camping – site in a shady riverside setting 1km to the north of town. Address: Rua Pedro Alvellos – Gatão, 4600-099 Amarante. Tel: 255 244 825 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13.70 Open: 2nd Jan to mid-December.
ÂNCORA: Camping Paço – on the banks of the Rio Âncora, just south of Vila Praia de Âncora and the resort’s sheltered beach. Address: Rua do Paço, 4910-024 Vila Praia de Âncora. Tel: 258 912 697 Email: email@example.com Price: €11. Open: Apr 15th to Sept 30th.
ARCO DE BAULHÉ: See also Celorico de Basto.
Campismo Arco – Belgian-run campsite in small town to north-west of Alvão Natural Park. (No English or Portuguese on website.) Address: Lugar das Cruzes, 4860-067 Arco de Baúlhe. Tel: 253 666 042 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13.10 Open: NA.
BELINHO: Parque de Campismo de Belenho – site set among pine trees just 200m from beach and a short way off the main N13. Address: Caminho de Neves 200, 4740-161 Belinho. Tel: 253 872 416. Email: email@example.com Price: €11.70 Open: All year.
BRAGA: See also Caldas Taipas.
Camping Braga – shady municipal site about 2km south of historic centre. Address: Parque S. João da Ponte, Braga. Tel: 253 273 355 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €7.75 Open: Apr 1st to Oct 31st.
BRAGANCA: There are three options in the area, of which the municipal site is closest to town. I’ve only stayed on the one at Cepo Verde. See also Vinhais.
- Cepo Verde – the campsite is about seven km to the west, just off the N103. It’s a beautiful rural setting with the site on a number of wooded terraces. The views are fantastic but there’s a nasty hill just before the entrance. Address: Lugar da Vinha do Santo, 5300-561 Gondesende. Tel: 273 999 371. Email: email@example.com Price: €13.85. Open: March 1st to October 31st.
- Parque de Campismo Municipal – former Inatel site beside the Rio Sabor, about 6km north of town beside the N103 leading to the border with Spain. Address: Estrada de Rabal (N103), 5300-671 Meixedo, Bragança. Tel: 273 326 080. Open: All year. Price: €10.50.
- Rio de Onor – small site in a remote but extremely picturesque setting right on the Spanish border. Address: Parque de Campismo Rural de Rio de Onor, 5300-821 Rio de Onor, Bragança. Tel: 273 927 036 or 964 206 622. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €7 Open: 1st Apr to 31st Dec.
CABRIL: Gerês Green Park – remote but beautiful location about 40km west of Montalegre just of the N308 south of the village of Cabril. Also has bungalows to rent. Up a very steep hill! Address: Cabril 5470-013. Tel: 253 659 860 Email: email@example.com Price: €15. Open: 1st Apr to 3rd Nov.
CALDAS DO GERÊS: Vidoeiro Gerês Camping – set in a wooded mountain valley (beautiful but can be a bit gloomy if the sun’s not shining). Address: Vidoeiro, Caldas do Gerês, Terras de Bouro. Tel: 253 391 289 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €14.30 Open: All year.
CALDAS DAS TAIPAS: Taipas Termal – campsite attached to a thermal spa and swimming pool complex in a riverside setting midway between Braga and Guimarães. Address: Largo das Termas, 4805-079 Caldas das Taipas. Tel: 253 576 274 Email: email@example.com Price: €5.80 Open: June 1st to Sept 12th.
CAMINHA: Orbitur Caminha – resort site overlooking the mouth of the Minho estuary and handy for both the town and Atlantic beaches. Address: Foz do Minho 777, 4910-180 Vilarelho. Tel: 258 921 295. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.20. Open: All year.
CAMPO DE GERÊS: Parque Cerdeira – attractive site in wooded setting and beautiful rural surroundings right on the edge of the national park. Address: Campo do Gerês, 4840-030 Terras de Bouro. Tel: 253 351 005 Email: email@example.com Price: €16.80 Open: All year.
CELORICO DE BASTO:
- Parque de Campismo & Caravanismo – municipal site with modern facilities just outside centre of town. Wooded setting near river. Address: Rua Joaquim Narciso Bahia 159, Celorico de Basto. Tel: 255 323 340 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €9.63 Open: All year.
- Quinta Valbom – Dutch-run site about 13km north of Celorico. Car-free grass pitches overlooking Ribas valley. Address: Quintã, 4890-505 Ribas (Celorico de Basto). Tel: 912 715 531. Email: email@example.com Price: €23 Open: Apr-Sept.
CHAVES: None of the three sites below are actually in the town (and two aren’t very near) but they are the closest in the area.
- Boticas – local site in a village off the N103 about 22km west of Chaves. All looks very new and sparkly clean in typical Portuguese municipal style. Address: Avenida Avelino Alves Miranda, 5460-304 Boticas. Tel: 924 431 696 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €7.30 Open: All year.
- Quinta de Rebentao – this site is about 5km south of town on the Vila Real road. It’s quite close to the road but the nearest site to Chaves. Address: Quinta de Rebentão – Vila Nova de Veiga, 5400 – 764 Chaves. Tel: 276 322 733 Email: email@example.com Open: All year.
- Parque de Campismo do Rabaçal – this small site is actually about midway between Chaves and Mirandela on a wooded site next to the Rabazal river. Wooden bungalows (chalets) are also available to hire. Address: Ponte de Vale Telhas – Lugar do Taxo, Possacos, Valpacos 5430-191. Tel: 278 759 354 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €8.40. Open: All year.
COVAS: Camping de Covas – wooded site near a village in the middle of the Minho countryside, facilities include bicycle hire, swimming pool, shop and restaurant. Address: Lugar da Pereiras, Covas, 4920-042 Vila Nova de Cerveira. Tel: 251 941 555. Email: email@example.com Price: €13.45. Open: All year.
ENTRE AMBOS-OS-RIOS: Lima Escape – in a beautiful wooded site set – as the name suggests – between two rivers, this is a good base for the upper Lima valley and the Peneda Gerês. Address: Lugar de Igreja, 4980-312 Entre Ambos-os-Rios. Tel: 258 588 361 or 964 96 309. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €11.60 Open: May 15th to Sept 30th.
ESPOSENDE: see Fão
FAFE: Barragem da Queimadela – about 9km north of the city, in wooded countryside near a small reservoir. Address: Rua da Barragem, Fafe 4820-560 Tel: 253 504 084 Email: email@example.com Price: €11.10 Open: All year.
FÃO: Parque de Campismo de Fao – holiday camp among pine trees on south side of river from Esposende and short distance from the beach. Run by Barcelos Camping Club. Address: R. S. João de Deus, 4740-380 Fão – Esposende. Tel: 253 981 777 or 918 586 261 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €16.35 Open: May 15th to Sept 30th.
FELGUEIRAS: Vila Fria Parque Rural – small site with open air pool, in countryside close to the Rio Vizela and the N101 midway between Amarante and Guimarães. Address: Lugar da Boavista, Vila Fria, Felgueiras. Tel: 255 346 403 Email: email@example.com Price: €11.34 Open: March 1st to Oct 31st.
FIGUEIRA DOS VINHOS: Parque de Campismo Foz de Alge – set just outside village of Foz de Alge on the banks of the upper reaches of the Castelo de Bode reservoir/Zêzere river. About 10km south of town. Address: Foz de Alge 3260-000 Figueiró dos Vinhos Tel: 236 641 108 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €11.60 Open: NA
GARFE: Garfe Park Camping – family-run site with level pitches near small rural village. Address: Rua de Rande 164, 4830-291 Garfe. Tel: 253 944 116 Email: email@example.com Price: €10 Open: June-Sept.
GUIMARÃES: Parque de Campismo da Penha – not really in the city but overlooking it from 400m above at the top of ‘Penha Mountain’. There is a cable car but to get there by road involves 7-8km of climbing with several hairpin bends. Address: Monte da Penha, 4810-048 Guimarães. Tel: 253 515 912 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €9.50 Open: May 2nd to Sept 15th.
LAMAS DE MOURO: Camping de Lamas de Mouro – set among trees on the western edge of the Peneda Gerês, just south of the village of Lamas de Mouro. Address: Camping Lamas de Mouro, 4960-061 Castro Laboreiro. Tel: 251 466 041 Email: email@example.com Price: €12.10 Open: All year.
LAVRA: Orbitur Angeiras – about 8km north of Porto, close to the airport and only a short distance from the beach. Address: Rua de Angeiras, 4455-039 Lavra. Tel: 229 270 571. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.20. Open: All year.
MEDAS: Campidouro – large three star site right on the north bank of the Douro, about 25km from Porto, with tennis courts and swimming pool. Address: Estrada Lugar de Gavinho, 4515-397 Medas. Tel: 224 760 161 Email: email@example.com Price: €17.25 Open: All year.
MELGAÇO: Parque Campismo Termal de Melgaço – Wooded site just above lovely old thermal spa on Minho River. Individual pitches on shaded terraces. Address: Termas do Peso, Paderne, Melgaço, Viana do Castelo 4960-207. Tel: 251 418 218 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €12.80 Open: All year.
MIRANDELA: Parque Campismo 3 Rios Maravilha – municipal site about 3km north of town. Nice setting with mature trees next to the river. Address: Lugar da Maravilha, 5370-555 Mirandela. Tel: 278 263 177 Email: email@example.com Price: €10 Open: All year.
MOGADOURO: Quinta da Aguira – very good municipal site on south west edge of town. Excellent facilities – clean and modern. Only bad thing about this site is the steep cobbled road leading down to the entrance. NOT good on a bike. Address: Complexo Desportivo Municipal, 5200-244 Mogadouro. Tel: 279 340 232. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €5.67 – includes free access to municipal pool. Open: 1st April – 30th September.
MONDIM DE BASTO:
- Parque de Mondim de Basto – site beside the Rio Cabril, just to the south of town, run by Portugal’s Camping and Mountaineering Federation (FCMP). Address: Lugar de Montão, 4880-187 Mondim de Basto. Tel: 255 381 650
Email: email@example.com Price: €14 Open: All year.
- Quinta do Rio – rural site run by a Dutch family on a former vineyard next to the Rio Tamega. Also has teepees and lodges to hire. Address: Rua do Quinta do Rio 1733, 4890-140 Canedo de Basto. Tel: 962 462 131 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.50 Open: All year.
MONTALEGRE: Penedones – excellent site with two terraces looking out over the Rabagão Reservoir about 7km south of Montalegre. Probably some of the most beautiful views of any campsite in Portugal and with good modern facilities too (the higher ones are best). Address: Parque de Campismo de Penedones, Albufeira do Alto Rabagao, 5470-069 Penedones. Tel: 965 898 040 Email: email@example.com Price: €14. Open: All year.
PENEDA GERÊS: For campsites in and around the national park, please see Cabril, Caldas de Gerês, Campo de Gerês, Entre Ambos-Os-Rios, Lamas de Mouro, Rio Caldo and Vilar da Veiga.
PONTE DE BARCA: See Entre Ambos-Os-Rios.
PORTO: There are no campsites I’m aware of in the city – there are several on the south side of the river in Vila Nova de Gaia (in BEIRAS section), plus one near the airport at Lavra and one at Medas in the Douro Valley.
POVOA DA VARZIM: See also Vila do Conde and Matosinhos.
Rio Alto – another Orbitur site. Actually about 11km north of the resort town of Povoa de Varzim, with direct beach access plus usual facilities. Address: Orbitur Rio Alto, Lugar do Rio Alto, 4570-275 Povoa de Varzim. Tel: 252 615 699. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.20. Open: All year.
RIO CALDO: Pichoses Camping – terraced site on west side of Cávado River, just off N308 and just outside the Peneda Gerês national park. Address: Rua das Escolas 72, 4845-024 Rio Caldo. Tel: 968 693 330 or 936 652 846. Email: email@example.com Price: €17 Open: NA.
VALPAÇOS: See Chaves.
VIANA DO CASTELO: There are a couple of large sites to the south of town, close to the beach:
- Cabedelo Camping Park – a 25-hectare Inatel site to south of River Lima with direct access to Cabedelo beach. Address: Av. dos Trabalhadores – Cabedelo, 4900-056 Darque. Tel: 258 322 042. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13.70 Open: All year.
- Orbitur Viana do Castelo – a wooded site right next to the Inatel site listed above but even closer to the beach. Address: Rua Diogo Álvares, 4935-161 Viana do Castelo. Tel: 258 322 167. Email: email@example.com Price: €22.20. Open: All year.
VIEIRA DO MINHO: Parque de Campismo de Cabreira is next to the river to the south-east of town, with swimming pool, tennis court, restaurant etc. Address: Lugar de Entre os Rios, 4850-073 Cantelães. Tel: 253 648 665. Price: €13.20. Open: All year.
VILA DO CONDE: There are several options within a short distance of the town:
- Camping Arvore – just to the south of town. Run by the Clube Alpino Portugues – fees are less than half for members. Address: Rua do Cabreiro, 4480-116 Árvore. Tel: 252 633 225 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.50. Open: All year.
- Parque de Campismo de Vila Chã – municipal site about 3km to the south. Also has bungalows to rent. Address: Rua do Sol 150, 4485-722 Vila Chã. Tel: 229 283 163 Email: email@example.com Price: €10.30. Open: All year.
- Camping Ave – this site is about 5km inland, next to the Rio Ave and close to the N104 from Santo Tirso. Address: Rua da Mocha Ferreiró 396, Ferreiró, 4480-250 Vila do Conde. Tel: 252 657 732 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €12.10. Open: All year.
VILA FLOR: Parque de Campismo – municipal site about 2km from town next to a leisure complex on the edge of a small reservoir. Address: Barragem Peneireiro, 5360-303 Vila Flor. Tel: 278 512 350 Email: email@example.com Price: €6.10 Open: All year.
VILA FRIA: see Felgueiras
VILA POUCA DE AGUIAR: Alvão Village & Camping – shady site set under pine trees near reservoir to north-west of town. Address: Lagoa do Alvão, EM555, 5450-101 Alvão. Tel: 259 419 038 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13.10 Open: All year.
VILA NOVA DE CERVEIRA: Camping Convívio – Dutch-run site in small village about 6km to the east of the town. Pitches for 20 tents on terraces in an orchard. Address: Rua de Badão 1, Bacelo, 4920 – 020 Candemil. Tel: 251 794 404 Email: email@example.com Price: €14.70 Open: 15th Mar to 15th Oct.
VILA PRAIA DE ÂNCORA: see Ancora.
VILA REAL: Two very different options – one in town and one out in the country:
- Camping Vila Real – municipal campsite that’s a 10-minute stroll from the town centre. Nice big site with more open areas at the top and shady terraces going down to the river. Good facilities. Address: Rua Dr. Manuel Cardona, Quinta da Carreira,
5000-558 Vila Real. Tel: 259 324 724 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €10 Open: 1st Feb to 15th Dec.
- Naturwaterpark – campsite attached to a water/holiday park in a rural setting about 12km east of Vila Real. Address: Quinta do Barroco, Póvoa Andrães, 5000-037 Vila Real. GPS: 41.2558-07.6525 Tel: 259 309 120 Email: email@example.com Price: €15 Open: All year.
VILAR DA VEIGA:
- Ermida Gerês Camping – rural campsite in traditional village on edge of the national park. Address: Lugar da Ermida 295, Vilar da Veiga 4845-072. Tel: 969 846 686. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €15.70 Open: All year.
- Ponte Saltos – wooded site with direct access to river. Address: Lugar de Pereiró 255, 4845-076 Vilar da Veiga. Tel: 253 392 110 Email: email@example.com Price: €13.50 Open: All year.
VIMIOSO: Parque de campismo – good municipal site opened in 2009 about 1km from town with pitches set on terrace among pine trees, a short walk from town. Clean, modern facilities. Address: EM 546, 5230-286 Vimioso. Tel: 273 511 034 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €5.52. Open: All year.
VINHAIS: Parque de campismo – rural site set within the Parque Biológico de Vinhais, which also offers bungalows and guesthouse accommodation. Address: Parque Biológico de Vinhais, Alto da Cidadelha, 5320 Vinhais. Tel: 273 771 040 or 933 260 304. Email: email@example.com Price: €9 Open: All year.
AGUADA DE BAIXO: Parque Campismo – small municipal site on edge of village. Address: Parque de Campismo do Rossio, 3750 – 031 Aguada de Baixo. Tel: 234 666 327 Email: NA Price: NA Open: NA.
ALPEDRINHA: Camping Farm Alpedrinha – mainly for camper vans but this rural site about 3km SE of town does also allow tent camping. Address: Quinta da Ribeira, Termas da Touca, 6230-063 Alpedrinha. Tel: 936 227 834 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
ARGANIL: Parque de Campismo Arganil – this municipal site is actually in the neighbouring village of Sarzenedo, set up above a bend in the Rio Alva. Modern facilities with Wi-Fi, restaurant and tennis court. Address: Largo Prof. José Dias Coimbra 70, 3300-432 Sarzedo – Arganil. Tel: 235 200 150 Email: email@example.com Price: €6.14 Open: NA
AROUCA: Parque de Campismo do Merujal – this remote site is about 15km south-west of town, set in woodland about 900m above sea level in the Serra da Freita. There’s a restaurant on site and bungalows to rent. Address: EM511, Merujal, 4540-659 Urrô. Tel: 256 947 723 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €9.50 Open: 15th Mar to 15th Sept.
AVEIRO: See Barra, Costa Nova, Gafanha de Nazaré, Sao Jacinto and Vagueira below.
BARRA: Praia de Barra – only a few minutes stroll from the beach at Barra, where the breakwater by the estuary mouth provides one of the few sheltered swimming spots on this bit of coast. Address: Rua Diogo Cão 125, 3830-772 Gafanha da Nazaré. Tel: 234 369 425 Email: email@example.com Open: All year. Price: €12.75
CASTANHEIRA DE PÊRA: Camping O Moinho – small rural site about 4km north of town. Address: Camping O Moinho, Bolo â Poco, Corga, 3280-113 Castanheira de Pêra. Tel: 236 438 762 Email: Web form Price: €9.60 Open: 15th Apr to 1st Oct.
CASTELO BRANCO: Parque de Campismo – municipal site a few kilometres north of the town, just off the N18 road. Address: Estrada Nacional 18, 6000-113 Castelo Branco. Tel: 272 322 577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €5.75 Open: Jan 2nd to Nov 15th.
COIMBRA: There’s a municipal site right in town – also see LOUSA and PENACOVA below.
Coimbra Camping – Large municipal site and leisure centre on the south side of the city, close to the Rio Mondego, bus stop… and the main N17 ring road. Address: Rua Alto do Areeiro, 3030-011 Stº António dos Olivais. Tel: 239 086 902 Email: email@example.com Price: €15.90 Open: All year.
COIMBRÃO: See also Praia do Pedrógão
Camping Coimbrão – German-run site in on edge of rural village about 7km from Praia do Pedrogão. Address: Travessa do Gomes 185, 2425-452 Coimbrão. Tel: 244 606 007 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €12.20 Open: All year.
CÔJA: Parque de Campismo de Côja – riverside setting in small town on the northern side of the Serra do Açor, run by the Portuguese Camping & Mountaineering Federation (FCMP). Address: Prego do Soito, 3305-096 Côja. Tel: 235 729 666 Email: email@example.com Price: €14 Open: 10th Jan to 30th Nov.
COSTA NOVA: Camping Costa Nova – site about 1km south of village. Direct access to beach. Clean and neat with good facilities. Address: Quinta dos Patos-Costa Nova do Prado, 3830-453 Ilhavo. Tel: 234 393 220 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: March-September. Open: €11.
- Parque de Campismo de Tortosendo – Municipal site in village about 8km south. There is no current information available online for this site so it may not still be operational. Address: Ponte Pedrinha, 6200-570 Tortosendo. Tel: 938 552 136 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
- Camping Pião – stunning location on side of Serra da Estrela but with a serious climb getting to the site, which is at 1,040m (3,412′) with a series of twisting hairpin bends to get there. Cyclist Mark Lucas also comments: ‘Just spent 3 nights. (Volta a Portugal passed the door). Not a touring site. Noisy. Very few tent pitches. No grass.’ Address: Camping Piao, 6200-036 Covilhã. Tel: 275 314 312. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €9.85 Open: NA.
- Parque de Campismo de Esmoriz – site run by the Camping Club of Porto, about 9km south of Espinho and around 200m from the beach as Praia de Espinho. Address: Rua Clube de Campismo do Porto, 3885-529 Esmoriz. Tel: 256 752 709 Email: email@example.com Price: €8.20. Open: All year.
- Parque Municipal de Espinho – municipal site about 700m from beach to north of town centre. Address: R. Nova da Praia 076, 4500 Espinho. Tel: 227 335 871 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €11.60. Open: All year.
FIGUEIRA DA FOZ: See also Quiaios below.
- Foz do Mondego – camping park on a peninsula right at the mouth of the Mondego, on the south side opposite the main resort. Run by the Portuguese Camping & Mountaineering Federation (FCMP). Address: Rua do Cabedelo 37, Cabedelo, 3090-661 Figueira da Foz Tel: 233 402 740 Email: email@example.com Price: €12.45 Open: All year.
- Orbitur Gala – large site in wooded area about 400m from the beach and about 7km south from town (on the opposite side of the Mondego estuary). Address: EN 109, Km 4 Gala, 3090-458 Figueira da Foz. Tel: 233 431 492 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.75. Open: All year.
- Parque Municipal – large council-run site with trees for shade. Up above town, about 2km from beach. Address: Rotunda Engenheiro Coelho Jordão, Tavarede, 3080-011. Tel: 233 209 051 Email: email@example.com Price: €14.50 Open: All year.
FUNDÃO: Parque de Campismo Quinta do Covento – shady terraces on site just to south-west of town. Address: Quinta do Convento, 6230 Fundão. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
GAFANHA DE NAZARÉ: Parque Campismo – the facilities are a bit old at this municipal site but it’s in quiet area and the closest campsite to Aveiro. Address: Rua do Complexo Desportivo, 3830-225 Gafanha da Nazaré. Tel: 234 366 565 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA
GÓIS: Gois Camping – small site just above river beach on edge of pretty village on N2, close to edge of Serra da Lousã. Address: Parque do Castelo, 3330-309 Góis. Tel: 235 772 034 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €11.80 Open: All year.
- Curral do Negro – wooded site high up in mountains about 4km above town. Address: NA. Tel: 924 397 711. Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
- Quinta das Cegonhas – campsite, restaurant and hotel on slopes of the Serra de Estrela, a few km to NE of Gouviea. Address: Quinta das Cegonhas, 6290-122 Nabaínhos. Tel: 238 745 886 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13.10 Open: All year.
GUARDA: Parque Campismo da Guarda – this municipal site has recently reopened following a (much needed) renovation. The site is very convenient for the old town, although getting there involves a serious climb! Address: Avendia Estadio Municipal, 6300-705, Guarda. Tel: 271 221 200. Email: email@example.com Price: €7.50 Open: All year.
IDANHA-A-NOVA: Camping Municipal – this former Orbitur site, now run by the local council, is 8km from town (and up a steep hill) but in a beautiful and very peaceful spot only metres from the Marechal Carmona Reservoir. Address: Parque de Campismo Municipal de Idanha-a-Nova, Estrada Nacional 354-1 Km 8, 6060-192 Idanha-a-Nova. Tel: 277 201 029 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €9. Open: All year.
LAMEGO: Camping Lamego – Lamego is just to the south of the River Douro and this campsite is a little way out of town, heading towards Castro D’Aire and Viseu. Address: EN-2, Lugar da Raposeira, 5101-909 Lamego. Tel: 969 021 408 Email: email@example.com Price: €17 Open: NA.
LOURIÇAL: O Tamanaco – site run by Dutch couple in rural area just off N342 to west of town. Address: Rua do Louriçal 11, Casas Brancas, 3108-158 Louriçal. Tel: 964 639 011 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €20 Open: April to October.
LOUSA: See also Góis.
Camping Serpins – municipal site in a village a few kms north-east of Lousa. Riverside setting. Address: Parque de Campismo Municipal de Serpins, Largo da Nossa Sra da Graça, 3200-358 Serpins. Tel: 239 971 141. Email: email@example.com Price: €10 Open: All year.
LUSO: Parque de Campismo – site about 1.5km from the centre of the spa town, also handy for the Buçaco national forest. Address: Quinta de Vale do Jorge, 3050-246 Luso. Tel: 912 755 262 or 231 107 551 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
- Camping Beijames – small rural site in a beautiful location with great views of the mountains. Address: Parque Campismo Rural, Vale do Beijames, Caminho Municipal 501, Km 4, 6260-403 Vale de Amoreira. Tel: 275 924 148 Email: email@example.com Price: €14.50 Open: All year.
- Skiparque Parque de Campismo – site opposite a dry ski slope in the Zêzere valley, just off the N232 near the village of Sameiro. The ski slope operators also run other outdoor activities (depending on the time of year). Bar/restaurant, plus mobile homes and tents to rent. Address: Relva da Reboleira, 6260-311. Tel: NA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
MÊDA: Parque de Campismo – excellent small municipal site adjoining the town’s tennis courts and swimming pool with superb, modern facilities. Address: Av. Professor Adriano Vasco Rodrigues, 6430 Mêda. Tel: 925 480 500 or 279 883 270. Email: email@example.com Price: €7.50 Open: All year.
MIRA: There are a number of options on the coast here – see also Costa Nova.
- Orbitur Mira – big resort site near lake to the south of Praia da Mira. Address: Estrada Florestal 1 Km 2, Dunas de Mira, 3070-792 Mira. Tel: 231 471 234. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €19.80 Open: 1st Mar to 31st Oct.
- Mira Parque Municipal – north of the Orbitur site and slightly closer to the beach and town. Address: Parque Municipal de Campismo, Avenida da Barrinha, 3070-792 Praia de Mira. Tel: 231 472 173. Email: email@example.com Price: €16 Open: All year.
- Vila Caia – shady site near a small lake, a few km back from the beach, closer to the town of Mira. Address: Travessa da Carreira de Tiro, 3070-176 Mira. Tel: 231 451 524. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Price: €13.80 Open: All year.
MOIMENTA DA BEIRA: Barragem de Vilar – municipal site next to a river/reservoir beach. Address: EN 533, Barragem do Vilar, 3620-520 Vilar, Moimenta da Beira. Tel: 969 956 006 Email: email@example.com Price: €11 Open: All year.
OLEIROS: Camping Oleiros – camping area set among pine trees next to river beach just to east of this small village. Address: Açude Pinto, 6160-301 Oleiros. Tel: 272 681 106 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
OLIVEIRA DO HOSPITAL: See also Penalva de Alva.
None of the campsites below are in the town but all are in small villages in surrounding area:
- Camping Tapadinho – rural Dutch-run site 7km west of town with 15 spaces on south-facing terraces on 4.5 hectares. Address: Quinta do Tapadinho, 3420-457 Vila Nova de Oliveirinha. Tel: 238 692 314 Email: email@example.com Price: €12 Open: All year.
- Camping Toca da Raposa – another rural Dutch-run site, this one is about 8km NE of town, close to foothills of Serra da Estrela. Address: Camping Toca da Raposa, Meruge, 3405-351 Oliveira do Hospital. Tel: 926 704 218 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €12 Open: 15th Mar to 15th Oct.
- Ponte das Três Entradas – riverside site in scenic spot 10km south of town, at SW end of the Serra da Estrela and very close to the Serra da Açor. ***Site currently closed after being sold. No reopening date at present*** Address: Rua Principal, Ponte das Três Entradas, 3400-591 Santa Ovaia. Tel: 238 670 050 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
- Quinta do Retiro – secluded campsite with large pitches on terraces. Also bungalows to rent. Address: Quinta do Retiro, 3420-053 Covas. Tel: 235 098 228 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €20 Open: All year.
PAMPILHOSA DA SERRA: Xisto Camping – site set among pine trees, inside bend in Rio Zêzere just below village of Janeiro de Baixo. River swimming beach next to campsite. Address: Rua da Praia, Janeiro De Baixo, 3320-105 Pampilhosa da Serra. Tel: 235 512 284 Email: email@example.com Price: €9 Open: All year.
PEDROGÃO GRANDE: Parque Campismo – municipal site on wooded headland overlooking large reservoir just above Cabril dam. Address: 3270 Pedrógão Grande. Tel: 236 011 390 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
PENAMACOR: Campismo Freixial – peaceful rural site by a small river, close to the Spanish border, about 11.5km off the N233 road from Penamacor. Address: Parque do Campismo de Freixial, Aranhas, 6090-565 Penamacor. GPS: 40.0741-07.0415 Tel: 277 385 529. Email: email@example.com Price: €8. Open: April 1st – Oct 31st.
PENACOVA: Parque de Campismo Rural – campsite on the opposite bank of the Rio Mondego from the town. Address: Estrada de Carvoeira, 3360-179 Penacova. Tel: 239 477 464 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €14 Open: All year.
PENALVA DE ALVA: Parque de Campismo de São Gião – wooded site next to Rio Alva. Part of rural complex that includes small hotel. Also hosts the Insomnia Music Festival in September. Address: M515, São Gião, Oliveira do Hospital. Tel: 238 691 154 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: All year.
PENELA: Uxa Paraiso – described as on ‘open air hotel’ by its French owner, the site has bungalows and fixed tents as well as a general camping area. In the countryside, about 3km north of town. Address: Podentinhos, 3230-290 Penela. Tel: 935 844 560 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
POMARES: Parque de Campismo da Bica – small municipal site on edge of village, next to river beach. Address: 3305-259 Pomares. Tel: 235 731 382 Email: NA Price: NA Open: June to September.
PRAIA DO PEDRÓGÃO: Parque de Campismo – big municipal site about 200m from beach. With restaurant, bar, laundry etc. Address: R. Dom Dinis s/n, Praia do Pedrógão, 2425-458 Coimbrão. Tel: 244 695 403 Email: email@example.com Price: €7.80 Open: All year.
PROENÇA-A-NOVA: Parque Campismo Aldeia Ruiva – municipal site next to river beach just outside village of Aldeia Ruiva, about 8km west of town. ***CLOSED DURING 2020 FOR REFURBISHMENT.*** Address: Aldeia Ruiva, 6150 Proença-a-Nova. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
QUIAIOS: Quiaios Campismo – if you want to escape the crowds at Figueira da Foz, this site in Praia de Quiaios is a good choice. Strolling distance to the beach and a few km from the main village. Can be busy in the height of summer. Address: Rua Parque de Campismo, Praia de Quiaios, 3080-515 Figueira da Foz. Tel: 233 910 499 Email: email@example.com Price: €11.10 Open: All year.
SÃO JOÃO DE PESQUEIRA: Parque de Mata de Cabo – new municipal site on edge of small town just to south of Douro valley. Address: Rua General Ramalho Eanes, 5130 São João da Pesqueira. Tel: 925 200 357 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €7.50 Open: NA.
- Camping Torreira – this site is roughly midway between the towns of São Jacinto and Ovar, near the northern end of the lagoon and only about 700m from the beach. The area for tent camping is on sand. Address: Torreira Camping & Bungalows, Rua da Saudade, 3870-340 Torreira. Tel: 234 838 397 Email: email@example.com Price: €12.40 Open: All year.
- Orbitur Sao Jacinto – set on a sandy peninsula between the Aveiro lagoon and the wild beaches of the Atlantic coast. Address: Estrada Nacional 327, Km 20, 3800-901 Aveiro. Tel: 234 838 284. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.20. Open: 2nd June-8th October (2023).
SÃO PEDRO DO SUL: See also Vouzela
Retiro Fraguinha – this remote site is set in a small wooded area high up between the Arada and Freita hills, about 18km north-east of town. There’s a cafe but payment only in cash. Address: Lugar da Fraguinha, Candal, 3660-043 S. P. Sul. Email: email@example.com Price: €10.40. Open: All year.
SATÃO: Camping Quinta Chave Grande – Dutch-owned site on old farm near the small town of Satão. Very nice rural setting. Address: Camping Quinta Chave Grande, Rua do Barreiro 462, Casfreires, Ferreira d’ Aves, 3560-043 Satão. Tel: 232 665 552 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €16. Open: 1st April – 15th October.
SERRA DA ESTRELA: For campsites in and around the Serra da Estrela, see Gouveia, Manteigas, Oliveira do Hospital, Penalva de Alva, Seia & Valhelas.
SEIA: Star Mountain Valley Homestead – site run by British couple in the Serra da Estrela park about 5km NE of Seia. Address: Rua Vales De Cima, Vales, 6270-551 Seia. Tel: 910 771 893 or 238 317 042. Email: email@example.com Price: €10.00. Open: All year.
TOCHA: Parque Campismo Praia de Tocha – large site just a few hundred metres from sandy Atlantic beach. With swimming pool, bar & restaurant. Address: Rua dos Pescadores, Rua Nossa Senhora Da Tocha, 3060-391 Tocha. Tel: 231 442 220 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €15 Open: All year.
VAGUEIRA: Orbitur Vagueira – set in a pine forest close to a lagoon, with the beaches on the other side. Address: Rua Parque do Campismo, Gafanha da Boa-Hora, 3840-254 Vagueira Vagos. Tel: 234 797 526. Price: €22.75 Open: All year.
VALHELHAS: Rossio de Valhelhas – midway between Covilha and Guarda, this site is close to the river and the N232 road that runs west from Belmonte into the heart of the Serra da Estrela. Address: N232, 6300-235 Valhelhas Tel: 275 487 160 Email: email@example.com Price: €6.70. Open: May 1st to Sept 30th.
VILA NOVA DA GAIA:
- Orbitur Canidelo – at the northern end of Salgueiros beach close to the mouth of the Douro. Address: Avenida Beira-Mar 441, Praia de Salgueiros, Canidelo 4400-382. Tel: 227 814 730 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.20. Open: All year.
- Orbitur Madalena – wooded site near the beach and 10km out towards the coast from the town, which is on the opposite bank of the river from Porto. Address: Rua de Cerro 608, Praia da Madalena, 4405-736 Vila Nova de Gaia. Tel: 227 122 520 Email: email@example.com Price: €22.20 Open: All year.
- Istas Garden – small, privately-run site in the Choupelo area 2km from beach. Address: Rua da Cavada 617, 4405-519 Vila Nova de Gaia. Tel: 936 678 590 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €25 Open: NA.
- Parque de Campismo Marisol – small site just 50m from Canide Beach South. Address: Rua Alto das Chaquedas 82, Vila Nova de Gaia 4400-356. Tel: 227 135 942 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
- Parque de Campismo de Salgueiros – municipal site belonging to town of Canidelo, a little way south of the Orbitur Canidelo site, about 200m from Praia de Salgueiros beach. Address: R. Campismo 263, 4400-397 Porto. Tel: 227 810 500 Price: €9.54 Open: NA.
VILA VELHA DE RODÃO: See Nisa in Alentejo section.
VISEU: See Satão above.
VOUZELA: See also São Pedro do Sul
Parque de Campismo de Vouzela – large municipal site set on wooded terraces above Rio Zela, about 5km from town. Address: Monte do Castelo, Vouzela. Tel: 961 695 436 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €9 Open: All year.
Lisbon & Central
ABRANTES: The local municipal site has now reopened (with a new name) after a lengthy overhaul. See also Castelo do Bode, Constancia and Ortiga.
Parque Tejo – municipal site about 2km from town, next to the Rio Tejo. Address: Avenida Marginal do Tejo, Rossio ao Sul do Tejo, 2205-003 Abrantes. Tel: 241 105 324 Email: email@example.com Price: €5.31 Open: All year.
ALCANENA: Olhos de Agua – site in countryside next to a praia fluvial (river beach) on the edge of the Serras de Aire e Candeeiros natural park. The area is also known for nearby dinosaur footprints. Address: Praia Fluvial dos Olhos d’Água do Alviela, Louriceira, 2380-450 Alcanena. Tel: 249 889 010 Price: €7.50 Open: All year.
- Campismo Alcobaça – site just to north of historic centre, run by local camping and caravanning club. Address: Av. Engenheiro Prof. Joaquim Vieira Natividade, 2460-071 Alcobaça. Tel: 262 582 265 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
- Silveira Camping – small rural site on an old farm about 3km south of town. Address: Parque de Campismo Rural da Silveira, Capuchos, 2460-479 Alcobaça. Tel: 262 509 573 Email: email@example.com Price: €11 Open: May 15th to Sept 15th.
ALENQUER: Alenquer Camping & Bungalows – this site is about 2km out of town off the N9. Address: Casal das Pedras, EN9 Km 94, 2580-330 Alenquer. Tel: 263 710 375 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13. Open: All year.
ALPIARÇA: Trilhos do Sol – wooded site with swimming pool and bar, just to south of village on east side of the Tejo, near small reservoir. Address: Rua Dr Ruy d’Andrade, 2090-310 Alpiarça. Tel: 967 619 070 Email: email@example.com Price: €13.50 Open: All year.
AZEITÃO: Camping Picheleiros – small site up in the wooded hills of the Serra da Arrábida, just south of the small town of Azeitão. Run by Camping Club of Barreiro. Address: Vale de Picheleiros, Serra da Arrábida 346, 2925-000 Azeitão. Tel: 963 802 337 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
CASCAIS: Orbitur Guincho – relatively convenient for Lisbon as well as nearby beaches. Address: Rua da Areia, 2750-053 Cascais. Tel: 214 870 450 Email: email@example.com Price: €25.40 Open: All year.
CASTELO DO BODE: There are now two sites here:
- Alverangel Parque de Campismo – new site on northern shore of the reservoir, just a short distance from the dam. Direct access to the water, plus a restaurant, shop etc. Address: Rua do Rio 6, Alverangel, 2300-152 São Pedro de Tomar. Tel: 918 227 429 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
- Castelo do Bode – wooded site a stone’s throw from the dam and reservoir, run by the Portuguese Camping & Mountaineering Federation. Address: Estrada do Campismo, 2200-638 Martinchel. Tel: 241 849 262 Email: email@example.com Price: €14 Open: 10th Jan to 1st Dec.
CONSTÂNCIA: Constancia Parque Rural – municipal site on the edge of a quaint old town on the banks of the Tejo. Address: Avenida das Forças Armadas, 2250-020 Constância. Tel: 249 739 546 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €10.50 Open: NA.
COSTA DA CAPARICA: Although there’s a string of sites along the coast here, this is where people from Lisbon and the suburbs come to escape to the beach and some are almost totally occupied by permanent caravans.
- Caparica – Inatel – approximately 9 hectare site in a heavily wooded area very close to the beach and only about 15km from Lisbon. Address: Av. Afonso Albuquerque, S. João de Caparica, 2825-450 Costa de Caparica. GPS:38.3921-09.1427 Tel: 212 900 306 Email: email@example.com
- Orbitur Costa Caparica – site with a variety of facilities, including a mini-market and bar. Around 200m from the beach. Address: Avenida Afonso de Albuquerque, 2825-450 Costa de Caparica. Tel: 226 061 360. Price: €20.40 Open: All year.
- Parque de Campismo de Costa Caparica – this site is run by the Clube Campismo de Lisboa and set under pine trees immediately north of the Orbitur site. Address: Av. Afonso de Albuquerque, 2825-450 Costa da Caparica. Tel: 212 900 100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €19 Open: NA.
- Parque de Campismo de Costa Nova – this second site run by the Lisbon Camping Club is about 4km south of the one above. Although it has prices for tents it appears totally full of permanent caravans. Address: R. Praia da Saúde, 2825-412 Costa da Caparica. Tel: 212 903 078 Email: email@example.com Price: €19 Open: NA.
- Praia da Saúde – huge site almost entirely given over to permanent caravans but with small area of sand (right next to beach) for tents. Run by camping club from Almada. Address: Parque Campismo da Praia da Saúde, 2825-412 Costa de Caparica. Tel: 212 901 862 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €12 Open:
ENVENDOS: Camping Envendos – site on edge of small village in countryside about 10km north of Tejo valley. Address: Rua Candido Dos Reis, Envendos. Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
ERICEIRA: Ericeira Camping – there are few options for campers along the coast here and this site is literally across the road from the sea, just north of town. However, litter/cleanliness was a problem when we visited in 2011 and some recent reviews suggest it’s still an issue. Address: Parque de Campismo de Mil Regos, Estrada Nacional 247, 2655-319 Ericeira. Tel: 261 862 706 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €19 Open: All year.
FERNÃO FERRO: Parque Verde – set about 30km south of Lisbon and 15km north of Sesimbra. Address: R. da Liberdade, 2865-065 Fernão Ferro. Tel: 212 101 272. Email: email@example.com Price: €20 Open: NA.
FOZ DO ARELHO: Orbitur Foz do Arelho – another big Orbitur site, this one is behind the seaside/lagoon town of Foz do Arelho, about 3km from the beach. Address: Rua Maldonado Freitas, Foz do Arelho, 2500-516 Caldas da Rainha. Tel: 262 978 683 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €21.20 Open: All year.
GOLEGA: Camping Municipal – municipal site in the attractive town of Golega, famous for its annual equestrian festival (when prices shoot up). The site isn’t large but well laid out and reopened in 2012 with new facilities, including restaurant, lounge room and BBQs. Address: Parque Municipal de Campismo, Largo do Parque Campismo, Golega. Tel: 249 979 003 Email: email@example.com Price: €6.53 Open: NA.
LISBON: There is one site in the city and another a little way to the north. See also Cascais and Costa da Caparica.
- Almornos – wooded site just beyond the outskirts of city, about 19km to NW of the centre. Run by the Camping Club of Lisbon. Address: Parque de Campismo do CCL – Almornos, 2715-405 Pero Pinheiro. Tel: 219 623 960 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €19 Open: All year.
- Lisboa Camping – large complex set in pine woods, about 9km west of the centre, also with bungalows to rent, swimming pool etc. Address: Estrada da Circunvalação, 1400-061 Lisbon. Tel: 217 628 200 Email: email@example.com Price: €26.75 Open: All year.
LOURINHÃ: Parque de Campismo da Praia da Areia Branca – municipal site about 4km NW of Lourinhã in small beach resort. With swimming pool, laundry, BBQs etc. Address: Rua do Campismo 31, Praia da Areia Branca, 2530-226 Lourinhã. Tel: 261 412 199 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €7.24 Open: All year.
MOURISCAS: Colinas do Tejo – small farm on the banks of the Tejo, about 5km south of town. Also with bungalows, river beach and kayak hire. Address: Alojas, Cascalhos, Mouriscas 2200-700. Tel: 914 020 623 Email: email@example.com Price: €15 Open: All year.
NAZARÉ: There are two sites close to the town – see also São Martinho do Porto (south), Alcobaça (east) and São Pedro do Moel (north).
- Orbitur Valado – The site is about 1.5km inland from the town centre – and up a reasonable climb – but does have the benefit of a wooded setting if you need shade. Address: R. dos Combatentes do Ultramar 2, EN 8-5 Km 9, 2450-148 Nazaré. Tel: 262 561 111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €20.25 Open: All year.
- Ohai Resort – big resort site with bungalows, swimming pool and other sports facilities – plus campsite – set on a wooded hill off the main N242 and about 3km north of beach and town. Address: Estrada Nacional 242, 2450-138 Nazaré. Tel: 262 561 800 Email: email@example.com Price: €23.40. Open: All year.
ORTIGA: Parque Municipal – small terraced site overlooking inlet of the Rio Tejo. There’s a river beach and small cafe, although no shops locally. However, the nearby dam/bridge makes an excellent quiet crossing point for cyclists wanting to get across the Tejo. Address: Estrada da Barragem – Ortiga, 6120-525 Ortiga-Mação. Tel: 241 573 464 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (scroll down for campsite info) Price: NA Open: NA.
PAREDES DA VITÓRIA: Camping Paredes da Vitória – site in a small resort area with a huge sandy beach just down the road. Address: Camping Paredes da Vitoria, 2445-130 Pataias. Tel: 244 589 520. Email: email@example.com Price: €6.80 – plus €1 for hot showers. Open: All year.
- Peniche Praia – site out on headland/cliffs beyond town. With swimming pool, gym, bar etc. Address: Estrada Marginal Norte, 2520-605 Peniche. Tel: 262 783 460 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €12 Open: All year.
- Urban Art Camping – the latest site from resort company Campigir is close to the beaches of Baleal and about 8km from the town. Address: R. do Catalo, 2520-141 Ferrel Tel: 262 247 776 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
PRAIA DA VIEIRA: Parque de Campismo Vieira – site on edge of coastal village, short distance from beach and mouth of Lis river. Cycle tourist Svenja said: “It looks all a bit run down and shabby, but was clean, super cheap (6€ for 2people + tent) and the people there were very friendly. Not many pitches for tents, but some small bungalows available.” Address: Avenida dos Pescadores, 2430-672 Praia da Vieira. Tel: 969 281 960 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
PINHAL NOVO: Camping Vasco da Gama – holiday park just north of town, to the south-east of Lisbon. Address: Rua Lagoa Brazida, Salgueirinha, 2955-075 Pinhal Novo. Tel: 212 362 361 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
SALVATERRA DE MAGO: Parque de Escaroupim – site close to the Rio Tejo between Salvaterra and Casa Cadaval, run by Portugal’s Camping & Mountaineering Federation (FCMP). Address: Mata Florestal, Escaroupim, 2120-018 Salvaterra de Magos. Tel: 263 595 484 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €14 Open: All year.
SANTA CRUZ: Parque de Campismo de Santa Cruz – the town gets a lousy write-up in the Rough Guide but isn’t that bad and has some lovely beaches. The campsite is huge and mostly occupied by permanent caravans with only an area of sand for tents but with some pine trees. However, the facilities are pristine and it’s a bargain. Address: Avenida Joaquim Agostinho, Santa Cruz, 2560-495 Silveira. Tel: 261 930 150 Email: email@example.com Price: €10 Open: NA.
SÃO MARTINHO DO PORTO: There’s a choice of two sites, one in town and one out.
- Colina do Sol – an 11 hectare (27 acre) site in a wooded setting 1km or so north of the town but with pedestrian access through to Gralha beach. Address: Parque de Campismo Colina do Sol, Serra dos Mangues, 2460-697 São Martinho do Porto. Tel: 262 989 764. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
- Baía Azul – municipal campsite right on the edge of town and opposite the bay after which it is named. Convenient but with no shade. Address: Avenida Marginal, 2460-096 São Martinho do Porto. Tel: 262 989 847 Email: email@example.com Price: €11.75 – cold showers are free but €1 for hot. Open: All year.
SÃO PEDRO DE MOEL: See also Paredes da Vitória (in Lisbon & Central section)
- Campigir São Pedro de Moel – with the cliffs literally on the other side of the road, this is the closest site to the sea. Address: Av. do Farol, 2430-502 Marinha Grande. Tel: 244 599 289 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €11.65 Open: All year.
- Orbitur S. Pedro de Moel – this is a more sheltered option in the town but does also feels much more enclosed. Address: Rua Volta do Sete, S. Pedro de Moel, 2430 Marinha Grande. Tel: 244 599 168 Email: email@example.com Price: €23.70 Open: All year.
SESIMBRA: The municipal site at Forte do Cavalo is the only one in town, the others are out to the NW near the Atlantic beaches.
- Camping Fetais – close to Praia do Beco beach to NW of Sesimbra. Address: R. da Fonte 4, Fetais, Aldeia do Meco, 2970-063 Sesimbra. Tel: 212 682 978 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
- Camping Lagoa – site on the edge of Lagoa de Albufeira (between village and lagoon of the same name). It’s run by the Portuguese Caravanning Club but also allows non-members with tents. Address: Avenida dos Pinheiros, Lagoa de Albufeira, Sesimbra. Tel: 212 684 872 Email: email@example.com Price: €12.42 Open: NA
- Campigir Valbom – part of a small chain of holiday parks (also in São Pedro do Moel and Sines). This site is set in pine trees in an inland area north of Sesimbra. Address: Charneca da Cotovia, 2970 Sesimbra. Tel: 212 687 545 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
- Campimeco – part of the same chain as Valbom (above), this site is right next to Praia do Meco beach. Address: Praia das Bicas, Aldeia do Meco, 2970 Sesimbra. Tel: 212 683 743 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
- Forte do Cavalo Municipal Campsite – up above the west of town, next to the fort overlooking the harbour and marina. Address: Campismo Municipal, 2970-152 Sesimbra. Tel: 212 288 508. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €10.90 Open: 1st Feb to 5th Jan.
TOMAR: See also Castelo do Bode.
Sadly the town’s former municipal campsite is now just for campervans – although you may still be able to stay if you’re not fussy about facilities. If you want to give it a go, it’s tucked behind the sports centre, next to the river and only a stroll from the old town. Address: Parque Municipal de Campismo de Tomar, 2300-630 Tomar. Tel: 249 329 824 Email: email@example.com
Otherwise there are two rural sites nearby:
- Camping Pelinos 77 – about 9km to the north east of town, Dutch-run rural site offering a swimming pool, free wi-fi and spacious sites. Address: Pelinos 77, Aboboreiras, 2300-093 Tomar. Tel: 249 301 814 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €16.25 Open: NA.
- Redondo Lodges – about 11km east north east, campsite and lodge complex set in countryside next to a small village, also with a swimming pool. Address: Rua do Casal Rei 6, Poço Redondo, Junceira, 2300-035 Tomar. Tel: 249 376 421 Email: email@example.com Price: €13 – plus €1 for showers. Open: All year.
VILA FRANCA DE XIRA: Parque Municipal do Campismo – municipal site next to the town’s sports and leisure complex. Address: Complexo Municipal de Desporto e Lazer, Rua Paralela – Povos, 2600-219 Vila Franca de Xira. Tel: 263 275 258 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €7.14 Open: All year. Alan M adds: ‘The whole site is gate controlled so secure. The area for tents is under the trees, so no grass. The shower blocks are adequate but there were mosquitoes everywhere on our visit.’
ALANDROAL: Camping Rosario – rural, Dutch-run site with private pool next to a branch of the Alqueva lake in the northern Alentejo, about 14km south of Alandroal (which is south of Vila Viçosa and Borba). Address (postal): Camping Rosário, Ernst Hendriksen, Apartado 27, 7250-999 Alandroal. Tel: 268 459 566 or 963 679 945 Email: email@example.com Price: €15.50 Open: Mar 1st to Oct 31st.
ALCÁCER DO SAL: Parque de Campismo de Alcácer do Sal – this municipal site is a short distance to the north of town. Address: Olival do Outeiro, 7580 Alcácer do Sal. Tel: 265 612 303 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: Jan 16th to December 14th.
ALVITO: See Odivelas.
AMOREIRAS-GARE: Corgo do Pardieiro – Dutch-run site set in countryside about 2.5km (on dirt track) from village/station of Amoreiras-Gare. Address: Corgo do Pardieiro, 7630-514, Amoreiras-Gare. Tel: 938 932 857. Email: email@example.com Price: By donation.
AVIS: Albufeira do Maranhao – former municipal site now run by the Camping Club of Lisbon. It’s a terraced site a few km from this hilltop Alentejo town and on the edge of a large reservoir with adjoining watersports centre. Shade is at a premium and ground hard but location is beautiful. Address: Clube Náutico, 7480-371 Avis. Tel: 926 100 782 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13.50 Open: NA.
BARBACENA: Camping Puro Alentejo – rural site just over 3km from village set among cork and holm oak trees. With laundry, bar, pool etc. Address: M514 Barbacena-Monforte, 7350-431 Barbacena. Tel: 966 828 740 Email: email@example.com Price: €15 Open: All year.
BEJA: Parque do campismo – municipal site within a short walk of the centre. Also includes entry to the municipal pool when open. Address: Av. Vasco da Gama, 7800-397 Beja. Tel: 284 311 911 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €6.94 Open: All year:
CABEÇÃO: Gameiro – site run by the Camping Club of Lisbon next to a praia fluvial (swimming beach), close to Mora on the N2. Address: Parque de Campismo do CCL – Gameiro, 7490 Mora. Tel: 926 100 768 Price: €19 Open: All year.
CAMPO MAIOR: There are two sites near the town:
- Camping os Anjos – site with 30 pitches, run by a Dutch couple, just outside the small Alentejean town of Campo Maior, about 15km from Badajoz in Spain and 20km from Elvas. Address: Estrada da Senhora da Saude, 7370-150 Campo Maior. Tel: 268 688 138 Email: email@example.com Price: €12 Open: Jan 5th to Dec 5th.
- Parque de Campismo de Campo Maior – municipal site now run by the Camping Club of Lisbon. Set near a small reservoir about 6km west of town. Address: Estrada da Barragem do Caia. Tel: 926 651 899 or 926 651 855. Price: €19 Open: All year.
CASTELO DE VIDE: Quinta do Pomarinho – Very pleasant site a short distance off the N246. It’s a few kilometres back round into town but there’s also a nice walking route around the hill. Pitches a bit uneven and rocky but peaceful location, good facilities and friendly owners. Address: N246 km16.5, 7320-421 Castelo de Vide. Tel: 965 755 341 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €13 Open: All year.
See also Marvao.
CASTRO VERDE: Camping Municipal – new (autumn 2011) municipal site. Bit of road noise but excellent facilities – even got toilet seats and paper provided (very rare). Cheap too and handy for the town. Address: Rua Timor Lorosae, Castro Verde, 7780-207 Castro Verde. Tel: 286 320 150 Email: email@example.com Price: NA Open: NA.
ELVAS: See Barbacena , Evoramonte and Campo Maior.
ÉVORA: Two options – one just outside the town and other about 15km out.
- Orbitur Evora – a bit of a walk into town, close to a road and not huge but the facilities are okay. Address: Estrada de Alcáçovas, Herdade Esparragosa, 7005-206 Évora. Tel: 266 705 190 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €21.45 Open: All year.
- Quinta de São Jorge – Dutch-run site just off the N380 going towards Alcáçovas. Has space for 10 units on two hectares of land. Plus storks! Address: Quinta de São Jorge, Nª Srª da Tourega, 7000-088 Évora, Portugal. Tel: 266 711 215. Email: email@example.com Price: €11.50 Open: All year.
EVORAMONTE: Camping Alentejo – small, Dutch-run site set among cork oaks on a 25-hectare farm just off N18 between Elvas and Evoramonte. Address: N18, 7100-300 Evoramonte. Tel: 268 959 283 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €12 Open: All year.
MARVÃO: There are two options in the area nearby. (Also see Castelo de Vide.)
- Camping Beira-Marvao Alentejo – small Dutch-run site in the countryside north of Marvão. Address: Estr. de Castelo de Vide, 7330-013 Beira-Marvao. Tel: 245 992 360. Price: €13.50. Open: All year.
- Camping Asseiceira – this one is British run and off to the north-east of Marvão, a short walk from the village of Santo António Das Areias. Address: 7330-204 Santo António Das Areias. Tel: 245 992 940. Email: email@example.com Price: €17 Open: All year.
- Lagoa de Santo André – about 10km SW of village, on the edge of large lagoon (also a nature reserve) and about 1km from the beach, this is another site run by the Portuguese Camping & Mountaineering Federation. Address: Lagoa de Santo André, 7500-024 Santo André. Tel: 269 708 550 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €14 Open: All year.
- Parque de Campismo de Melides – although the entrance is just back from the lagoon, this narrow site that’s more than a kilometre long, mostly taken up with bungalows and permanent caravans, with the tents at the far end. Entrance is about 5km from Melides village and 1km from beach. Address: 7570-606 Melides. Tel: 269 907 151 Email: email@example.com Price: €19 Open: NA
MONTARGIL: Orbitur Montargil – in the depths of the Alentejo countryside, on the edge of the Montargil reservoir. Address: EN2, 7425-017 Montargil. Tel: 242 901 207 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €21.30 Open: All year.
MORA: Gameiro Parque Rural – rural site about 6km east of town, next to a small reservoir. Run by the Lisbon Camping Club (CCL). Address: Parque de Campismo do CCL – Gameiro, 7490-Mora. Tel: 926 100 768 Email: email@example.com Price: €19 Open: All year.
ODIVELAS: Parque Markádia – 25-acre site on a peninsula sticking out into the huge Odivelas reservoir, roughly midway between Alvito and Ferreira do Alentejo. Also offers apartments. Address: Parque Markádia, Barragem de Odivelas, Apartado 17, 7920-999 Alvito. Tel: 284 763 141 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €21 Open: All year.
OURIQUE: See also Amoreiras-Gare.
Serro da Bica – small Dutch-run campsite (space for 40 people) in countryside just off the IC1 south of Ourique. Address: Horta da Bica, Aldeia de Palheiros, 7670-202 Ourique. Tel: 286 516 750 Email: email@example.com Price: €14.75 Open: All year.
PEDRÓGÃO: Alqueva Rural Eco Camping – small rural site (30 pitches) with adjoining animal farm and natural swimming pool, midway between Vidigueira and Moura, about 500m from Guadiana River. Address: N258, KM 38.5, 7960 Pedrógão do Alentejo. Tel: 213 552 070 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
- Camping Peach Island – camping and caravan park just south of village and only a few hundred metres from the beach. Address: R. da Ilha, 7520-421 Porto Covo. Tel: 269 905 178 Email: email@example.com Price: €11.70 Open: NA.
- Camping Porto Covo – holiday park with swimming pool etc. just on edge of village. Address: Estrada Mun. 554, 7520-437 Porto Covo. Tel: 269 905 136 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €15 Open: All year.
- Costa do Vizir – set on a six hectare woodland site, offering ‘glamping’, bungalows etc as well as tent spaces. Address: Monte Branco, 7520 – 437 Porto Covo. Tel: 269 959 100 Email: email@example.com Price: €38 Open: All year.
SAO TEOTÓNIO: There are two sites on the coast near here – one in the popular seaside village of Zambujeira do Mar and another out in the wilds just to the south.
- Camping Villa Park Zambujeira – large site next to M502, about 400m from the village. Also has apartments to rent. Address: 7630-740 Zambujeira do Mar. Tel: 283 961 172 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €19.50 Open: All year.
- Monte Carvalhal da Rocha – set in farmland near some wild cliffs and small beaches, this site combines bungalows and a spa complex with camping. Address: Praia do Carvalhal, Brejão, 7630-569 Sao Teotónio. Tel: 282 947 293 Email: email@example.com Price: €21 Open: All year.
SERPA: Parque de Campismo – excellent municipal site just outside old town. Great location, good facilities – and cheap! Address: Eira de S. Pedro, 7830-303 Serpa. GPS: 37.5628–07.3615 Tel: 284 544 290 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €7 (includes entry to swimming pool) Open: All year.
SINES: Campigir Sao Torpes – this site is about 12 km SE of the big port city of Sines. Address: Estrada Nacional 120, Herdade do Morgavel, São Torpes, 7520 Sines. Tel: 269 632 105 Price: NA Open: NA.
VILA NOVA DE MILFONTES:
- Campiferias – large site under pine trees just on northern edge of town and about 800m from main river beach. Address: 7645-213 Vila Nova de Milfontes. Tel: 283 996 409 Email: email@example.com Price: €13.10 Open: All year except 1st to 26th Dec.
- Camping Milfontes – another large site just to north of town centre and 1.1km from the beach. Also provides teepees and bungalows to rent. Address: Estradas das Pousadas, 7645-300 Vila Nova de Milfontes. Tel: 283 996 104 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €17.20 Open: All year.
- Sitava Milfontes – this Orbitur site is over 8km (5 miles) north of town and in the middle of nowhere. However, from the back of the site, it’s possible to walk over the dunes to the wild and beautiful Malhao beach (the northern end of which is a nudist – or ‘naked’ – beach). Address: Brejo da Zimbreira, 7645-017 Vila Nova de Milfontes. Tel: 283 890 100 Email: email@example.com Price: €21.20 Open: All year.
VIMIEIRO: Bubulcus & Bolotas – secluded eco-powered site with 25 pitches, plus ‘rent-a-tent’, on site in countryside 3km west of town, off the N251 between Vimieiro and Pavia. Address: N251, km 94, Vimieiro. Tel: 963 722 564. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €16.50. Open: All year.
ZAMBUJEIRA DO MAR: See Sao Teotonio.
ALBUFEIRA: Albufeira Camping – large resort site on northern side of town. Address: Estrada de Ferreiras, 8200-555 Albufeira. Tel: 289 587 630 Email: email@example.com Price: €18.80 Open: All year.
ALJEZUR: Campismo do Serrão – set in countryside about 4km to the north of Aljezur and about 1km off the N120. Address: Herdade do Serrão, 8670-121 Aljezur. Tel: 282 990 220. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €17 Open: All year.
ALVOR: Camping Alvor – site just north of Alvor village centre, next to Pingo Doce supermarket. About a 1.5km walk to the beach. Address: R. Serpa Pinto, 8500-087 Alvor. Tel: 282 990 220. Email: email@example.com Price: €23 Open: All year.
ARMAÇÃO DE PÊRA:
- Camping Armação de Pêra – pitches set among poplar, eucalyptus, carob and almond trees on the edge of the village. Address: EN 269-1 Km2, 8365-184 Armação de Pêra. Tel: 282 312 260 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €16.50 Open: All year.
- Camping Canelas– two camping areas set among pine, almond and fig trees at this site, which is about 1km further out of town. Address: EN 269, 8365-908 Armação de Pêra. Tel: 282 312 612 Email: email@example.com Price: €17.25 Open: All year.
AYAMONTE: Camping Giralda – this is over the border in Spain and about 12km east of town but for any cyclists heading east (or coming from that way) it’s the nearest campsite on the Spanish side of the border. Address: PO box 208, Isla Cristina, 21410 Huelva (Spain). Tel: +34 959 343 318. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €22.60 Open: All year.
FERRAGUDO: Parque de Campismo de Ferragudo – large site run by the Lisbon Camping Club. Unfortunately, now only open to members.
FUSETA: Parque Campismo – municipal site on the edge of the village, next to the lagoon and beach. Very cheap compared to others in the area. Address: Rua General Humberto Delgado, Fuseta. Tel: 289 793 459/451 Email: email@example.com Price: €11.30 Open: All year.
LAGOS: There’s only one site actually in town that’s open to the public (the smart place on the hill overlooking the river is only for members of the military and their families). However there are a couple of other options nearby. See also Mexilhoeira Grande and Salema.
- Camping Trinidade – this “one star” campsite is also the only one in Lagos itself. Don’t expect anything fancy. Address: Rossio da Trindade, 8600-906 Lagos. Tel: 282 763 893 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
- Orbitur Valverde – a little way inland from Praia da Luz where the original fishing village still retains a few hints of its roots. Address: Estrada da Praia da Luz, 8600-148 Lagos. Tel: 282 789 211. Email: email@example.com Price: €23.90 Open: All year.
- Turiscampo – pleasant-looking site just off the main road to Sagres, next to the village of Espiche and about 5km from Lagos itself (but with a bus stop outside). Address: Estrada Nacional 125, 8600-109 Lagos. Tel: 282 789 265 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €50 (pitch price includes vehicle or caravan). Open: All year.
MEXILHOEIRA GRANDE: Chickenrun Campsite – small rural site owned by English ex-pats. Address: Casa Chickenrun, Varzia do Farelo, Mexilhoeira Grande, 8500-160 Portimão. Tel: +44 792 323 5757 Email: email@example.com Price: €10 Open: All year.
MONCARAPACHO: Algarve Camping – fairly new French-run rustic site to SW of village, mainly occupied long term by French motor homes. Address: En 398 815T, 8700 Moncarapacho. Tel: 289 994 270. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: NA.
MONTE GORDO: Camping Monte Gordo – municipal site on the edge of the village, close to the beach and only about 2km from the border town of Vila Real de Santo Antonio. Address: EM 511, Monte Gordo, 8900 Vila Real de Santo António. Tel: 281 510 971 Email: email@example.com Price: €17.76 Open: All year.
ODECEIXE: Camping Sao Miguel – technically, the site is in the Alentejo as it’s on the other side of the Seixe river (and up a reasonable hill!) but the town itself is just across the border and in the Algarve, hence its listing here. Attractive site with a hillside setting, views across the valley and plenty of pine trees for shade. Address: São Miguel, São Teotónio, 7630-592. Tel: 282 947 145 Price: €23 Open: All year.
OLHÃO: Camping Olhão – this site on the edge of town is run by a banking union but open to members of other unions and the general public, as long as they have an international camping carnet card or similar. Address:
Pinheiros de Marim, 8700-225 Olhão. Tel: 289 700 300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €15.45 Open: All year.
PORTIMÃO: See Alvor and Ferragudo.
SAGRES: Orbitur Sagres – this site is a little way out of town and about 1km from the closest beach but offers Orbitur’s usual pine tree setting. Address: Cerro das Moitas, 8650-998 Sagres. Tel: 282 624 371 Email: email@example.com Price: €21.55 Open: All year.
SALEMA: Salema Eco Camp– shady site in valley just above the old fishing village and pretty beach at Salema. Also has bungalows to rent. Address: Praia da Salema, 8650-196 Budens. Tel: 282 695 201 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €21 Open: All year.
SÃO MARCOS DA SERRA: Camping Quinta de Odelouca – small Dutch-run site in rural valley with views of hills. Address: Vale Grande de Baixo, Montes das Pitas, 8375-215 São Marcos Da Serra. Tel: 282 361 718 Email: email@example.com Price: 20.50 Open: 1st Feb-30th Sept.
SILVES: Campismo O Paraíso – small rural site set on terraces in an orange orchard, next to the river and about 3.5km west of town just off the N124. Address: Quinta da Rocha Branca, 8300-026 Silves. Tel: 967 659 700 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: NA Open: All year.
TAVIRA: There are three options close to the town – although one’s on an island and only a summer option! See also Vila Nova de Cacela and Fuseta.
- Camping Ria Formosa – big holiday park with 350 pitches for tents as well as mobile homes, caravans, bungalows to rent etc. Address: Quinta da Gomeira – Cabanas de Tavira, 8800-591 Tavira. Tel: 281 328 887 Email: email@example.com Price: €23 Open: All year.
- Parque de Campismo de PSP – small site on edge of town, on north side of N125. Address: Estrada da Fonte Salgada, 8800-223 Tavira. Tel: 281 320 690 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €9.90 Open: NA.
- Parque de Campismo Ilha da Tavira – a short boat ride away, this municipal site is set amongst the pine trees of the Ilha da Tavira, part of the Ria Formosa nature reserve. Address: Ilha de Tavira, 8800 Tavira. Tel: 281 320 580 Email: email@example.com Price: €11 (hot showers €1) Open: June-September.
VILA NOVA DE CACELA: Calico Park – combination campsite/chalet development on nine-hectare site overlooking the village. Midway between Tavira and Spanish border. Address: Apartado 51, 8901-907 Vila Nova de Cacela. Tel: 281 951 195 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Price: €23.40 Open: All year.VILA REAL DE SANTO ANTONIO: See Monte Gordo.
23 thoughts on “Campsites In Portugal”
Just for your information, the Orbitur camp at Sao Jacinto is not open year round. According to their website they will open on June 2nd.
The Ferragudo Cqmpsite is members only.
They rejected us today as we were not members
Thanks for letting me know – I’ve updated the listing.
Thanks a lot 😀
Just to inform you that Parque de Coja is not open all year. It is closed from the 1st December to the 10th of January.
Thank you – I have updated the information.
Hi Huw, got a couple of sites to add to the list. I’m staying at a campsite just east of Sertã called Eventur. Beautiful setting next the river but that beauty is offset a little by being so close to the IC8! They also have a site in Pedrógão Grande but I’ve not stayed there. The ride between the two is also fantastic along the N2 and N241. There’s no traffic as it follows the IC8.
It’s also quite a climb back to the N241 from the site. 3km at 6.5%, great way to start the day!
Thanks very much for the updates. I’m on the road myself at the moment (not camping!) So not responding to messages as fast as some times.
However I will definitely add in any extra sites you find when I’m back home.
Campismo do Serrão near Aljezur is only € 7.30 out of season.
Good to know – prices listed are all high season prices.
This is a very very useful list with useful and nice details. Thanks for preparing and sharing.
My pleasure – glad it’s useful.
Hi Alan. Thanks for the update – I’ll add the details to the list soon as. Cheers, Huw