A new list of Pedal Portugal guided cycle tours is now available, with planned dates looking as far ahead as June 2017.
The revised and updated itinerary for this autumn (fall) includes two guided biking tours of the Alentejo – the Border Castles Tour (departs 9th October) and the Alentejo Circuit (departs 23rd October).
Also coming up in the autumn will be another new tour route. The Coastal Explorer is a 10-day biking trip that starts in Setúbal, just south of Lisbon, and takes in a real variety of both coastal and inland scenery as it zigzags down across the Alentejo and Algarve region before ending in Lagos.
Departures for the Coastal Explorer are planned for 20th November 2016 and 29th January 2017.
December sees the return of the popular Algarve Winter Tour, which will also run in January and February next year.
This was Pedal Portugal’s inaugural tour, with the two trips run in early 2016 proving a big hit with their riders. For reactions to this tour and the first Border Castles Trip, please check out the comments on the reviews page.
For anyone looking for an opportunity to do an early spring bicycling tour of Portugal, there will be more departures for the Alentejo Circuit (12th March 2017) and the Border Castles Tour (26th March).
After that, the second Eastern Explorer Tour, which runs from Guarda in the north of Portugal all the way down to Vila Real de Santo António in the far south-eastern corner of the Algarve, is due to depart on 30th April.
The final trip of the first half of 2017 will be the Northern Frontier Tour, which does a loop through some of the most scenic landscapes anywhere in the Iberian Peninsula. This guided tour sets off on 21st May.
Scroll down for a summary of the schedule below for all Pedal Portugal guided bicycling tours. Otherwise, please click on the links for prices and more details of the individual trips.
- September 18th to 30th: Eastern Explorer Tour FULLY BOOKED
- October 9th to 20th: Border Castles Tour
- October 23rd to November 3rd: Alentejo Circuit Tour
- November 20th to 30th: Coastal Explorer Tour
- December 4th to 14th: Algarve Winter Tour
- CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR BREAK
- January 15th – 25th: Algarve Winter Tour
- January 29th – February 8th: Coastal Explorer Tour
- February 12th – 22nd: Algarve Winter Tour
- March 12th – 23rd: Alentejo Circuit Tour
- March 26th – April 6th: Border Castles Tour
- EASTER BREAK
- April 30th – May 12th: Eastern Explorer Tour
- May 21st – June 1st: Northern Frontier Tour